Look Years Younger with Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
Your eyes are one of the first places where aging becomes noticeable. As you age, your skin and facial muscles lose their tone. Also, fatty deposits start to accumulate around your eyes. That's not what you want to happen. Fortunately, you can prevent this from occurring.
Drooping eyelids can be corrected through cosmetic eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty. This incredible procedure can transform and rejuvenate your appearance dramatically.
How can your eyes age you?
If you have extra skin and fat on your lids, it becomes more difficult for your muscles to hold them up over time. When you grow old, you also lose collagen and elasticity in your skin. If you suffer from allergies or infections, things can get even worse.
As a result, you may feel you appear older due to puffy bags and droopy lids. It may eventually reach the point where you may feel as if your vision has been blocked because of the droopy lids and puffy bags.
What are the options for Eyelid Surgery?
With eyelid surgery, you can tighten loose skin around your eyes and get rid of unwanted bags underneath, making your eyes appear more youthful and sharper. The two distinct procedures of eyelid surgery are upper and lower blepharoplasty.
- The upper blepharoplasty procedure is performed to remove excess skin that sags over the outer and upper eyelids, impeding peripheral vision and giving the appearance of tiredness. The procedure can also be used to reposition displaced fat. Upper blepharoplasty can be done for aesthetic or functional reasons.
- The lower blepharoplasty procedure eradicates under-eye bags and minimizes puffiness and depressions below the lower lids. Blepharoplasty of the lower eyelid is usually performed as a cosmetic procedure in order to smooth wrinkles and lines.
How to prepare for blepharoplasty?
While cosmetic eyelid is an outpatient procedure that is almost complication-free, properly getting ready for it helps your result and recovery. Here is what you should follow:
- To heal faster after surgery, you should stop smoking at least three or four weeks before the procedure.
- For at least a week prior to and after your procedure, avoid taking blood thinners, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Excedrin, Motrin, and other herbal supplements that can cause excessive bleeding.
- Inform your surgeon about all of your medical history before surgery to ensure they are aware of any situations that may affect your outcome.
- After the procedure, have someone drive you home.
What are the results?
Blepharoplasty is a highly successful eyelid surgery option. Many people who undergo cosmetic eyelid surgery are satisfied with their results.
After a single procedure, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate your appearance, boosting your confidence. Although blepharoplasty cannot reverse the effects of aging, it can drastically improve your appearance.